Followers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Super" Week

Wow! There is so much to do and find out about. I am in Washington, D.C. this week for something NEA calls "Super Week". The only reason I can see for calling it "Super Week" is the "Super" overload of my brain with all I am learning!



Lydia and I arrived on Sunday night after traveling all day to get here. Monday and Tuesday were spent with other Executive Directors and State Presidents who were new pairings in their states. It was valuable time spent in clarifying each of our roles and responsibilities, identifying areas we should be aware of in our communication, and other important knowledge in our working relationship.



Today I spent 7 and a half hours getting media training from NEA public relations department folks. Following the training was a four hour meeting of the state presidents with new NEA President, Dennis Van Roekel. More and more to learn!



I saw Glen Ramos briefly during a break in one of my meetings. He is here for the NEA Board of Directors meeting to represent us.



Three more days of meetings and introductions coming up.



Just in case you're curious, I've had LOTS of questions about Sarah Palin!



More next time...



Barb

No comments: