Followers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

The New Year- Lots Happening

January 2009 has come and gone. We've seen a new President inaugurated, the opening of the 26th Legislature in Juneau, and just finished our annual NEA-Alaska Delegate Assembly. My mind is so full with all the things I've learned in the last week! This year's DA had many highlights for me. I've been at DA since the mid- 1980's and this was certainly the most unique for me yet. You get a totally different perspective when chairing the meeting instead of being a delegate. I am so thankful for the response from so many members and leaders who helped me throughout the weekend. I met new friends, greeted and visited with long-time friends, enjoyed the debate thoroughly, and learned volumes from our OUTSTANDING parliamentarian extraordinaire, Jon Ericson!

I hope those who read this and attended DA 2009 will post their opinions of this year's meeting.

I'm off to Washington, D.C. this week for meetings.

No comments: